Thursday, November 13, 2008

Haunted Chavez

In this project we have to portray a "Haunted Chavez" by taking a setting from our school and making it into a haunted setting.
My idea was to have kids hanging out enjoying lunch and to have a ghost standing behind the pole looking back at the kids without them realizing it, I also wanted the ghost to come out in the picture to make the audience wonder whether she was dead or not or make them think something else.
Some difficult decisions that I had to make was how I wanted the ghost to look I wasn't sure if I wanted to make her transparent, or to make her look more like Casper, another thing was I wasn't sure how I could have the affect of having dark because being a ghost I wanted it to be dark but seeing on how the picture was took in outside I had to find away in making it darker.
Well once again one of the problems was how was I going to make the setting look darker, and a way I fixed that was by adding black around the edges of the picture and that helped a lot with the emphasis of the picture because since the ghost was white it made the ghost pop out more. Another problem I had was how I set up the characters I had problems because a lot of them were different sizes and the area I had put them in they almost had to be the same size, and also the shadows that the characters were missing.
One thing that I did well on was being able to get the idea that I had first envisioned since the beginning I had a idea of how I wanted the picture to come out, another thing I enjoyed the picture was how well the ghost came out, because I had made four different ghost and at the end I put three of the ghost together and that's how I got the final one.
Overall I thought that I did a good job on the project i feel like I did everything that I was suppose to do and i followed the directions as they were given, I feel like I could have done better with the shadows, and I would have liked it better if the two guys weren't looking at the camera when I took it, but other then that I was very happy on how it came out and all the different things that I had done to the picture.

No comments: