Monday, September 22, 2008

Self Portraits

For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible.One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; One had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle.
For the ideas behind my picture was to get things other then the campus to set out and explore
places where we might be able to find a good back drop to set off with the mood that I was trying to portray.
Some of the difficulties that I faced was trying to figure out how take the picture so it would set a mood and also where I could take the picture so I would be able to nail each type of compositional trick.
Some of the more successful things I did was getting back rounds that people haven't seen or they haven't seen it in that way that I potray it.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Your portfolio is looking very nice. Keep up the good work!