Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Artist Statment

This is my portfolio for the first semester of my Digital Photo class, we have learned many different things during the this course, most of which are included in this portfolio some of those things are, learning different methods of taking pictures, being able to Photoshop pictures, some of the first things we did were take regular pictures and make them look like artistic photographs, and basic things like turning pictures black and white.
I feel very proud of my portfolio because I have learned a lot of different things, at the beginning of the year I didn’t know anything about Photoshop besides that you can do things different to the picture, and know seeing how far I have come I am very happy.
Things that I have learned over the course of this semester include, how to take better pictures, learning to ways to capture something like the rule of thirds by simply moving the main object to one of the corners it makes the picture more dynamic, I have also learned a lot of skills for Photoshop we first started by making different layers and now we have moved on and I now know how to change the colors of selected things I can make it go grow light to dark, and the biggest thing was probably learning how to use the camera and all of the different things that it can do.
The thing I was most successful was creating the ideas in my head and putting them into photographs, when Ms. Cook gave us the project to do I start to get an idea of what I want to do with it and I go over it with Ms. Cook and from there it comes into photographs.
The thing I struggled with the most was the social issue project because this one I had to put a lot of idea into because it wasn’t like the other projects where you had to have a strong picture and the image of the picture had to be good like the Photoshop skills of it, and with this I had a tough time thinking of a idea for it, and I might have been able to think of a better idea but with the time I had I had to use this one but I was proud of the work and I like the way it came out.
Something that I would like to improve on is my Photoshop skills I know how to do the things, but I want to be able to do them better, like when I have to cut out something with the lasso tool, I want to be able to make the lines and edges look cleaner.
Places that I have seen improvement is just in my ability to take pictures when we first started I took pictures of things that weren’t really artistic, and now I have a new vision so I take more then one picture at a time and I experiment with different angles different positions.
The last thing I have to say is that on every project that is shown here and I tried my best on every picture and I hope you can see the improvements I have made from my first picture all the way up until now.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

First I would like to say that your portfolio looks very nice. The layout looks sharp. You have been a very pleasant surprise this term. I feel like your projects get continually stronger. I really like your ideas, and the effort you put into making them happen. Keep up the great work!